Thursday, March 13, 2008

Trouble at mill?

Living in Texas it's all too easy to get detached from the home country. Oh, hold on, I'll nip up to Krogers for my next box of PG tips, jar of marmite and packet of Hob Nobs.

Even with the Internet when I can see pirated copies of the goals (the BBC and VirginMedia block anybody outside the UK) plus the numerous shaky videos taken from people cell/mobile phones.

However that doesn't sum up the typical moaning of the Bradford City fan. You know it's there, I just don't hear it anymore. I see it in emails, on the message boards, but it is written into the City fan contract

Clause #15 - whatever the Club does - moan about it.

So when the acclaimed site BfB writes this article I'm thinking wow! what have I missed. We were all hyped up with the 3rd coming, but soon reality set in and the terms 'learning curve' and 'no money' kept cropping up.

What I can hear loud and clear is alot of bit lips. The "yes I want to moan, but it's McCall in charge so I can't".

Football - especially English football, has always had the minority rule the majority. The few thugs who spoilt a good day out at the ground got the headlines while the countless thousands went home to beat up the wife in private.

So two points from the 'Start Making Sense' Talking Heads article.

#1 The moanings since the departure of Jewell are valid. We had a star manager and failed to keep him. Every moan at every manager since then is really a despairing question in disguise 'why/how did we let Jewell go?'

#2 If the moans are becoming more forceful then how come the crowds are still showing up each week? Is there booing around the ground? Are there banners displayed with 'McCall out' or 'Board out'? Are there protests outside the ground before and after a game demanding the same?

I think every Bradford City supporter knows : McCall came in at a bad time. We're lucky to avoid relegation to the 5th division. It's a disappointment to be in a division where finishing 7th can be seen as success. However, Rhodes and Lawn have done a great PR piece with the season ticket sales, the ground is new and the foundations are there to build on - unlike the Kamara charge all those years ago.

So you 'Little Creatures' hit the comments button below and let me know if the moans are 'True Stories' or if its just 'Speaking in Moaned Tongues'!!

No comments: